The overarching purpose of the Northeast Pork Association is to provide producers in the northeast access to meaningful Pork Checkoff resources to help promote, support, and grow the pork industry. NEPA will provide easier access to National Pork Board professional staff, producer education opportunities in areas such as swine health, production, and nutrition, certification programs such as PQA Plus® , and increased engagement and input in Checkoff programming. The proposed structure of NEPA includes a part-time executive director to represent you and your interests both locally and nationally.
Benefits of NEPA
- Access to Producer Education seminars from leading swine industry professionals and academics on:
- Swine Health
- Swine Nutrition
- Animal Welfare
- Access to Pork Quality Assurance® Plus (PQA Plus®) and Transport Quality Assurance® (TQA®) advisors and training for you and your employees.
- Access to the Youth Pork Quality Assurance® Plus (Youth PQA Plus®) program to insure that the young people involved with pork production are educated on the importance of animal welfare and responsible pork production practices.
- Frequent newsletters from your association on the latest information on production practices.
- Promotion of your products to consumers within the Northeastern States.
- Representation within your individual state on legislative and regulatory issues impacting your operations.
- Increased consumer awareness of your industry and products.
- Annual meetings to discuss your needs and priorities for the association.
- Small producer production resources on the best techniques and management tools utilized by similar hog farmers from around the country.
- Access to a part-time state executive staff person for the organization that can represent you and your interests both locally and nationally.